Chitika

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

For Those Tears I Died

Anon.

D Bm G A
You said You’d come, and share all my sorrows.
D Bm G A
You said You’d be there, for all my tomorrows.
D A7 G A7
I came so close to sending You away,
D Bm
But just like You promised,
G A7
You’ve come here to stay.
D
I just had to pray.

D7 G
And Jesus said, “Come to the water,
D
Stand by My side.
A A7 D-D7
I know you are thirsty, you won’t be denied.
G
I felt every tear drop
D
When in darkness you cried.
A A7
And I strove to remind you
D
That for those tears I died.”

Your goodness so great, I can’t understand.
But dear Lord, I know that all this was planned.
I know You’re here now, and always will be.
Your love loosed my chains, and in You I’m free.
But Jesus why me?

Jesus, I give You my heart and my soul.
I know that without You, I’ll never be whole.
Savior, You’ve opened all the right doors.
And I thank You and praise You,
From earth’s humble shores.
Take me I’m Yours!

1 comment:

  1. Marsha Stevens wrote this, her band was Children of the Day.

    ReplyDelete